This week we are going to provide you with 5 fun facts about Uganda which is home to a source of the Nile:
Alan in Uganda
- Uganda is home of a large part of Africa’s largest lake – Lake Victoria which is also a source of the Nile.
- Uganda has 11% of the birds found in the world – over 1060 recorded species of bird. The Gray Crested Crane is Uganda’s official bird. The Constitution of Namibia is the first constitution to include a provision for conservancy.
- In Uganda you can buy a Rolex but it is not a watch. It is an omelet rolled in a thin pancake
- The equator runs right through Uganda.
- To use the restroom in Uganda you use the phrase “I need to make a short call.” On our safaris we call it “checking the tires.”
Do you know any other fun facts about Uganda?