This week we are going to provide you with 5 fun facts about Namibia which is home to the Cheetah Conservation Fund of which I am on the Board of Trustees
- Namibia is the second least densely populated country on earth. After Mongolia which is also a vast country, there are just over two million people living in a country which is half the size of Alaska.
- The Constitution of Namibia is the first constitution to include a provision for conservancy.
- Dragon’s Breath, located in Hariseb, is the world’s largest underground lake.
- The Namib Desert is known as the world’s oldest desert.
- The free-roaming cheetah population of Namibia is the largest in the world. Thank you Cheetah Conservation Fund!
Do you know any other fun facts about Namibia?