This week we are going to provide you with 5 fun facts about Kenya which is named after Mt. Kenya, the highest point in the country and is 17,057 feet high more than 2000 feet less than Mt. Kilimanjaro the tallest point in Africa.
Alan with Maasai Friends wearing Maasai beads
- Kenya is roughly the same size of Texas at 362,040 square miles.
- Kenyans usually drink their beverages hot or at room temperature. Including beer.
- Before marriage Kenyans still pay a dowry to the bride’s family, which starts at 10 cows.
- The men of Kenya are allowed to have more than one wife.
- Kenyan environmentalist Professor Maathai won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2004. She was the first African woman to do so.
Do you know any other fun facts about Kenya?