This week we are going to provide you with 5 fun facts about Rwanda one of only 3 countries where you can see Mountain Gorillas.
- Rwanda is one of the smallest nations in the world. It is roughly the size of Vermont. The big difference is that Vermont has a population of about 600,000 whereas Rwanda has a population of 10 million making it one of the most densely populated countries in the world.
- Rwanda’s parliament has more female members than any other parliament in the world. 56% of parliamentarians are women with Sweden being a distant second with 45%.
- Rwanda does not allow plastic bags. In fact if you land in Rwanda with a plastic bag it will be confiscated.
- Flip-flop sandals are banned in Rwanda. They were banned in an effort to combat jiggers.
- Rwanda is one of the cleanest countries in Africa and maybe the world. Why? Rwanda has a community cleaning day on the last Saturday of the month where everyone contributes to cleaning up their neighborhood.
Do you know any other fun facts about Rwanda?